sábado, 31 de julho de 2021

Testing the speed of my 1Gbps optical fiber internet connection | Gigabit internet

I upgraded my internet connection from ADSL to a fiber optic connection with a bandwidth of 1 Gigabit per second, 1000 megabits download and 1000 megabits upload. And I'm going to run a speed test to see what the maximum download and upload value I can achieve. But the maximum speed over optical fiber is limited by the internet service provider (ISP) because the capacity of optical fiber is theoretically unlimited, because the information is sent through a laser light over the fiber, and these limitations are dependent on the quality and capacity of the hardware, be it the router, the switch, the transceiver, or in the customer's final hardware, the network card or the storage.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário